Andy began his career at Heyl Royster by clerking for the firm's office in his hometown of Rockford IL in the summer of 2002. Andy graduated magna cum laude from Northern Illinois University College of Law in 2003, and also served as an associate editor on the school's Law Review. Following graduation and passing the Illinois Bar Exam, Andy started with the firm's Rockford office in the fall of 2003.
Andy has extensive experience in defending civil cases, including but not limited to: products liability, medical malpractice, premises liability, auto liability, trucking liability, construction liability, dramshop liability, employment law, workers' compensation and contractual disputes. Presently, the main focus of Andy's practice is on defending toxic tort and asbestos cases, as well as medical malpractice cases.
As counsel, Andy has represented the firm's clients in all manner of pre-trial and trial settings. Andy has taken the lead on countless depositions of plaintiffs, experts, treating physicians, co-defendants and witnesses. He has drafted and argued numerous discovery and dispositive motions. Andy has assisted in the trial preparation of multiple cases, as well as participated as first or second chair for several trials. In addition to his discovery and trial work, Andy has represented our client's interests in alternative dispute resolution forums, including mediations, settlement conferences and arbitrations.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- State Courts of Illinois and Wisconsin
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor, Northern Illinois University College of Law, 2003
- Bachelor of Science-Psychology, Western Illinois University, 1996
Year Joined Firm