- Of Counsel
Kathy joined Heyl Royster's Rockford office in 2003. She was previously in private practice in east central Illinois for seven years, primarily concentrating in the area of insurance defense. She then practiced in Chicago for two years concentrating in the area of medical malpractice defense of hospitals and physicians.
Kathy concentrates her practice in the defense of medical malpractice. In addition to representing hospitals and nurses, she has represented physicians practicing the specialties of obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine, cardiology and surgery. She has also represented nursing homes and mental health professionals in negligence actions.
- “Tort Law Update”
Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel Fall Conference 1999
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Fall Conference Planning Committee, 2007-2009; Spring 2010 Symposium Planning Committee)
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- State Courts of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts-Political Science, University of Illinois, 1990
- Tax Preparer, McHenry County College Center for Economic Progress Voluntary Income Tax Assistance Clinic 2011
Year Joined Firm