Heyl Royster partners with our clients to generate innovative strategies designed to achieve client goals. We accomplish this by utilizing multiple areas of expertise, firm-wide collaboration and teamwork. Our attorneys are leaders in the firm and the community.
We offer attorneys the opportunity to work in a creative, team-oriented, ethical and diverse environment. Each new attorney is assigned a mentor to ease the transition into practicing law at Heyl Royster.
We look for bright, personable candidates who want to work in a large law firm with a small firm feel. We generally prefer people in the top third of their law school class, but equally as important are your motivation, communication skills, writing ability, and commitment to client service.
To apply for an attorney position with Heyl Royster, send your resume and cover letter to:
124 SW Adams, Ste. 600
Peoria, IL 61602
Attorney Compensation and Benefits
Heyl Royster is committed to hiring and retaining excellent attorneys who are dedicated to serving our clients and working in a team environment. Our compensation structure is competitive with other regional law firms and is designed to reward outstanding performance.
Each attorney receives a formal evaluation on an annual basis. Compensation changes are made at the beginning of each calendar year and are determined by the Board of Directors based on input from partners. Bonuses are discretionary and are based on team and individual performance.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package to our attorneys, including:
- Subsidized health insurance
- Voluntary dental, AFLAC, and long term care insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick benefits
- Long term disability insurance (firm paid)
- Life and AD&D insurance (firm paid)
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions (available immediately)
- Profit sharing plan
- Pre-tax flexible spending account for medical and dependent care expenses
- Paid parking
- Attorney registration fees
- Bar association memberships
- Continuing legal education
- Employee assistance program (voluntary, confidential counseling to assist with a variety of personal or family issues)
- Eldercare resources and referral
- Semi-monthly pay checks
- Direct deposit